Project Title: LMI Low Mekong Initiative
Time: July 2016 to June, 2017
Budget: 50.000 USD
Partners: Center for Creativity and Sustainability Study and Consultancy (CCS); participated by the Population, Environment and Development Center (PED), the Cleaner Production Center Lao PDR (CPC-L) and the National Cleaner Production Office - Cambodia (NCPO-C); and supported by local authorities in Quy Ky.
Location: Quy Kỳ and Định Hóa commune, Thái Nguyên province.
Objectives: Piloting the application of CCS advanced biomass gasifiers and the Product-Service System for the promotion of equitable, sustainable, and inclusive growth in Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia.
- Survey and assess the actual situation in the pilot area
- Study and adjust to appropriate the design to local conditions
- Introductory workshop for the project
- Transfer and training for beneficiary households
- Set up a system of products and services in the locality
- Dissemination of programs and results in Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia
- 81 households were offered 03 different types of kitchen samples, which is suitable for individual cooking needs & conditions
- The beneficiary households made use of agricultural and forestry by-products such as sawdust and wood chips
- Remove toxic fumes from direct cooking
- At least 50% saving of fuel consumption compared to direct cooking